Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Planners Day Out for Inspiration.



Oh yes I do get to go out to Events instead of planning events. When I get the chance, I love to go to other events, it always sparks inspiration. I never leave the office without a notepad and a pencil!!

I love NYC and whenever I get a chance to attend an event in the city...Iʼm there!! I recently attended a Bridal Event called “URBAN WED”, which was hosted by Brooklyn Bride. The event was held at the Nest Event Loft space, in true NYC charm on the 17th Floor!!! [sidebar... did not enjoy the elevator ride!!] Anywho, once you entered you heard an awesome band by the name of Elan Artists. The space was very cozy, which instantly had me think of a great location for a Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner and even an intimate wedding.

Then I saw one of the most creative table runners for a table setting, which was created by Hatch Creative Studio. It was a collection of black & white family photos. Talk about family memories. It was just beautiful, see for yourself!




I needed a a glass of wine, so how convenient as the next vendor was set up for wine tasting by Swirl Events. Swirl Events offer wine tastings at a location of your choice, which is a great alternative for bridal showers and bachelorette parties. One of the wines that I tasted was by Seven Sisters Wine and then of course I had POP Champagne! Half glass of each...I swear!!!


Cobblestone Catering offered mouth watering finger foods, followed by the cutest lilʼ cupcakes by Nine Cakes. Of course there were gowns, did I say gowns? I meant to say masterpieces by Samuel Couture. The designer was there and she was very pleasant to speak with!! She also had hand drawn sketches of her work which was just breathtaking.


A colorful collection of Bridesmaid gowns by 57 Grand were displayed and very moderately priced.

My favorite part of the evening was the photo booth corner. Studio Booth, provided a great space to get silly and be creative by using Whisker Works and Paperfinger props. I think all of your Wedding Guest would enjoy a moment to be silly. You simply chose the prop of your choice, say “cheese” and within 5 minutes we had the photo in hand. What a great favor and so not a “dust collector” but a great memory!!! Other great vendors that were there were: Jenny Ebert Photography which had an awesome bridal books for all to see, Face Time Beauty Concierge which were doing fab before & after makeovers, Paper +Cup had great table filled with paper ideas!!!....It was great eve out in city, canʼt wait for the next event!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment